Thursday, October 21, 2010

Faith and Movies

We have had a sick spell in the house. The first one of the fall season, a good reminder that it is tough to have lots of sick little ones all at once. In the midst of this, we watched a LOT of videos. Heidi, Pollyanna, Handy Mandy, Firebusters....all sorts really. My children were all four pathetic and slow, laying around the house for days. It is a very strange sight to see a five year old boy lay on a sofa all day! Anyway, one day as we were watching a video. John Mac says to me, "Mommy, I believe in God." Out of nowhere, completely not related to the fireman in the video, without any prompting or even conversation on my part. "What do you mean John Mac?", I asked. Did I miss a part of the show? "I just do Mommy. I believe in God." There you have it. A faith statement from a three year old in the midst of watching videos.

No comments: