Hannah has a special saying of her own: "because me". The last few nights, Hannah slept in her ballet shoes. I asked her, Hannah, why do you want to sleep in your dance shoes? Her response: "because me". If you ask Hannah why she likes the color pink, she'll respond: because me. It's a form of "because I told you so" for the young spirited child. Hannah has adds a real joy to life around here and I think a lot of it is from her clear sense of "because me".
These pictures are from our recent first church picnic! It was so much fun. We had 75 people for fried chicken and side dishes on the beautiful grounds of our current temporary home. Clearly, the iced-blue cupcakes were a hit with the kids. I don't think I've really taken in how amazing it is that our first new church event had 75 people in attendance. How gracious God has gone before us. The people were all different ages and stages, nothing really in common other than a strange sense that they might be called to this new church. Ordinary miracles.I had another ordinary miracle this week. Sitting in the kitchen, making my usual PB and Js for the kids, the song "All Creatures of Our God and King" came on (the patty griffin version...). Somehow the words struck me and I was so thankful for five mouths to feed all at once in a strange kitchen that is not my own in a new town that is incredibly hot in September with twice the utility bills. (how's that for a run on?)
Last thought: Texting. I didn't have friends that texted in W'burg, and I was fine with that. I'm kind of anti-technology. Here, everyone texts one another. And I have slowly joined in on my small 9 digit keypad. Here is what is fun about texting though: it takes me back to passing notes in junior high with your favorite girlfriend. That joy of having a thought and knowing someone couldn't wait a whole hour to hear it! It's been fun to be in a new place and think that I have friends to "pass notes to" already.

1 comment:
Finally catching up on your posts! Kind of makes void my email. I'm so delighted to read the most recent 3 posts--so far. A new home! A great church family gathering! Friends to text!! Woohoo! I want to get in on that. Please send me your cell number when you can. I promise I won't overload your inbox. LOVE YOU! Sam
Post a Comment