Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Good Sick Kid

John Mac is a very good sick kid. We were already aware of this. We just made it through a month with John Mac in a long arm cast and he never complained, never fussed about his cast. The hardest part for him was enduring the "saw" that was required to remove his cast at the end. Yesterday we went to the doctor emergently when John Mac's fever hit 106 degrees. Yes, 106. We checked it five times. By the time we made it back to the doctor's examining room, the Motrin had kicked in and John Mac was down to a comfortable 104 degrees. The picture below was taken to show his red cheeks and lips at 104 degrees (which are hard to tell...), but can you believe he's smiling? And notice the bandaid on his hand ?; this picture was taken after they had pricked him for a complete blood count. God makes us all different. I am so glad for the joy and delight John Mac has in most of his days, regardless of circumstances. I can learn a lot from him.
On a totally different note. Here's a conversation I had with Henry today.
Me: Henry did you hit John Mac?
Henry: Yes, I hit him with a book. But I didn't hit him with the pages. I kept the book closed and hit him.

Full admission of the truth.

No comments: