Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vacation Bible School


So I didn't have Vacation Bible School (also known as VBS) growing up. Picture your church decorated in bright colors, with upbeat music playing; kids escaping into a world of snacks and ideas that were all tailored to fit their size. My children LOVE it. While it strikes me as strange and "cheesy", my kids feel so loved. They talk about every craft, every snack (blue jello for water and fruit roll ups for a canoe), and every game they play. Each day there is a lesson of course, a verse, a story to teach them about the attributes of God. I don't know how well all the details of that are soaking in....But, I do know that my kids feel special and so appreciate all the work that many adults have done to make this a church week just for them. In that, I hope they see the details of God's amazing love and provision for them. Even if they don't remember the verse this week: 1 John 3:1, Behold what manner of love the Father has given unto us, that we should be called sons of God.....

No comments: