I bought my son-to-come a Christmas stocking today. It felt so good. The first moment I have actually been able to think ahead and anticipate this little one in any real way. It was Caroline's idea actually. We found out yesterday this little one on the way will be a baby boy which made everything more exciting and real for the kids. Today Caroline was asking again when the baby would arrive and I explained that he would come and then we would be busy getting ready for Christmas (since he will be a Thanksgiving baby). Caroline said, "But Mommy, we will need to get him a stocking!". A thought that had not occured to me yet. Not many thoughts have occurred to me yet, honestly. I have been busy trying to catch up with all that God is doing in our family, and feeling quite behind on things really. Of course, July is the best time to buy for Christmas and sure enough, the stockings were 50% off. So I did it. Not in the July budget, but I quickly typed in the numbers anyway. He is worth it.
Sorry for the absence. We have been busy traveling through different states and visiting family. Here are some fun pictures from our times together:
This is Caroline and the boys in the climbing tree. Their cousin Reid introduced them to the climbing tree and they enjoyed it enough to endure the heat several times.

2 comments:
A BOY! Congrats. That will actually even out my nieces and nephews to five girls and five boys. Yay! And so happy we got a shout out in the blog :)
Merry Christmas!!!! and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Post a Comment