Thursday, January 7, 2010

Schooling

January has become the month to agonize about school decisions for me. I was gleefully unaware of this reality until my oldest child hit preschool age. Suddenly my peers had all registered their children for preschool when I had not even realized I missed a deadline. Once again, I find the dates approaching to enroll, reenroll, choose to do neither....It feels daunting to me. I like to tell myself that I over-contemplate the issues because it affects the life of my children; it's a big decision. Today I spent time with several homeschooling moms that I really enjoy. All of them are wonderful wise Moms. I found myself just hoping that someone would flat out tell me what to do, how to live my life. But that is not the point. I'm the mommy. I need to make the choice. The truth is that this choice, just like the many I make every day, will affect my children. But this choice, like the many I make every day, does not alone have the power to determine their lives, who they are to become. God is graciously upholding me, upholding them. In all things may He be preeminent.

No comments: