Oh, an interesting conversation I had with Henry yesterday. We were driving around in the car and Henry said, "We are a big town and God is having fun playing with us while we drive around." I tried to ask what he meant, and Henry slowly described that we are essentially God's train table toy. God moves us around the map as we drive around W'burg. I thought it was a pretty creative idea. I told Henry, "Yes, but your trains don't get to talk to you Henry, and tell you where they want you to go. We get to talk to God and tell him where we would like to go in the town." Free will verses sovereignty of God at age four....pretty impressive.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Toothpaste Art
Yesterday I cleaned large patches of blue colored toothpaste off the kids' bathroom sink. Today I cleaned large patches of blue colored toothpaste off the kids' bathroom sink. And I don't understand why there is always so much toothpaste all around the sink. Are they painting the sink with it? It really is enough to make several images in several locations. Is it that hard to put toothpaste on the toothbrush directly? It is really quite remarkable and you have to scrub to get the large congealed chunks of blue off. (Don't get me started on how there must be a health problem with bright blue toothpaste with glittery specks in it for kids; it's really hard to find organic toothpaste for kids in W'burg). I do have the kids clean the sinks some, and they are actually good at it. But it seems wrong to make a 5 year old on her way to school clean the sink every day. Just so I clarify that I do not frequently rant about cleaning ....I have totally given up on the boys' potty. Clearly making a small boy pee only in the water portion of the toilet bowl is a goal I can never obtain and I have surrendered myself to daily wiping down the toilets. However, the sink seems to irritate me even more because I simply don't understand why a toothpaste free sink is not an obtainable goal. I frequently even put the toothpaste on their brushes for them. Although I must say that part of why I don't know how it gets so messy is because bedtime around here is action packed entertainment and I never get to stand and slowly watch the toothbrushing portion of the show. And yet, if the bathroom sink is filling up this much of my brain clearly something is wrong with me. I think I'll go outside this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Liz
Just to let you know again, I am loving each and every entry on your blog. You are quite a writer in addition to all your other wonderful talents.
Thanks for letting me see your days with you struggles and successes.
Love LEELEE
Post a Comment