I wrote this last week but didn't want to publish it because it felt like complaining...Now I want to publish it just so one day I can remember how full a day was "when they were all little".
He left before seven. It was dark and quiet still. I started then with the laundry. Load one of a total of five today. (Two loads were linens which makes it easier). Breakfast for all five was done by 8. I did remember my own breakfast today which helps. I really do forget it often in the mix of trying to fix breakfasts while unloading the dishwasher. We dressed, did our chore of cleaning the kids' bathroom and the hall bathroom and started school a little late at 9. We read history, did Bible and poetry all together while William toddled around the room (escaping twice out the open backdoor...Mommy wanted fresh air). Caroline and Henry then did their math and phonics and grammar while I went back and forth between them. I listened while Henry read. We took a morning break of snacks and time outside....during which I rearranged outdoor furniture and somehow got a little nutty and decided to mow the yard. I couldn't find a broom to sweep outside and had to make it all look better somehow. Then we came in and I made three lunches while the big two were able to make their own sandwiches. The dishwasher was emptied and reloaded in the midst of all that. I put the baby down and then listened to second grade reading aloud. Then it was rest time....Did I forget to mention I have been moving around the laundry, folding, as well as loading the back of the car for a trip to Goodwill? I sat with coffee for at least thirty minutes. I did talk on the phone at some point, but I always move or clean while talking because it is great to have a distraction while getting your work done.
Vacation was two days ago. I don't know how to not be numb when moving this much. It was so nice to not do and think of a thousand things at each moment of the day. I even had room for new thoughts, new ideas. Re-entry into the life of a family of seven seems to be dangerous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sweet, sweet LizzaB... that didn't sound one iota like complaining! that's just tellin' it how it is! :)
Post a Comment